CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAITH IN JESUS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus The Bread of Life (Primary 3)
TOPIC – THE BREAD OF LIFE
1. Introductory Activities
2. The Significance of the Bread of Life
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the significance of Jesus as Bread of Life
The Bible and physical bread
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sample of a real Bread.
2. Picture showing a preacher preaching the word of God.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I need. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Tell the pupils, the story of Jesus Temptation in Mathew 4.
Reading Text/Memory Verse – Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God”.
SIGNIFICANCE (IMPORTANCE) OF THE BREAD OF LIFE
1. It makes us to stand firm in your beliefs.
2. It enables us to grow into a mature believer.
3. It directs our footsteps.
4. It gives abundant life.
5. It gives peace of mind.
6. To experience the abundant life He has planned for you.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the class to identify the significance of Jesus as Bread of Life e.g. the importance of the word of God. Matthew 4:4.
Pupil’s Activities – State the benefits of Bread of Life.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 3 significance of Jesus as Bread of Life.