CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD’S PROMISE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Promise of the Comforter Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Christian Religious Studies
TOPIC – THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Introductory Activities
2. The Work of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to – identify works of the Holy Spirit.
The pupils can imitate someone praying in tongue.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Bible, Pictures of believers worshipping and praying
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ON THE APOSTLES
Among these are –
LESSON 2 – CONTINUATION
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reads and explain the bible passages.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and ask questions.
3. Leads a discussion on areas of the pupils’ lives they can appropriate the power of the Holy spirit in.
4. Leads the class in Prayer for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussions and prayers.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. explain what they understand by the Holy Spirit.
2. identify two things the Holy Spirit does in the life of the Christian.
3. identify 2 areas of their lives that they need the Holy Spirit’s help.