Third Term Examination English Studies and Compositions Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Exam Questions
THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
PRIMARY 1 (BASIC 1)
The teacher is beating a gong, The gong goes‘ ding dong! The birds are singing , the bird are singing, the bird say, ‘ tweet, tweet! The boys are playing the drum go boom, boom!
The man is raking the fire, the fire goes woosh, crackle! The dog is barking, the dog says woof ! woof !!. The aeroplane is flying, the aeroplane goes rrrrr!
a. What sound does the gong make?
b. What are the boy’s doing?
c. What makes a crackling sound?
d. What is the dog doing?
e. Name the thing that roars.
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. l always urinate in the __________.
2. My mummy cooks in the __________.
3. Christian goes to church on __________.
4. A snake __________.
5. You chew food in your __________.
6. l can hold things with my __________.
7. __________ is the first day of week.
8. What is the last day of the week?
9. She __________ to school.
10. The boys like to play __________.
[b] egg ball
[c] book ball
11. __________ are good friend.
How are we expected to greet at periods of the day?
12. In the morning.
[b] Good morning
[c] Good night
13. In the evening.
[a] Good morning
[c] Good evening
14. The boy has ten __________.
15. She __________ a girl.
16. The school sent __________ home.
17. Greet __________ daddy.
18. Tolu please __________ the floor.
Re – arrange the following and pick the correct answer.
19. T A C
20. Y A W
Get more Exam Questions – Third Term Examination English Studies Link
Attempt all the questions.
1. Complete the following with article ‘a‘ or ‘an‘.
A. Yesterday, mother bought __________ apple and __________ egg.
B. I have __________ umbrella at home.
C. Princess is __________ good girl.
D. The children are playing near __________ tree.
E. __________ aeroplane flies in the sky.
2. Match the following animals to the sound they make.
A. Dog mews
B. Lion bleat
C. Goat roar
D. Cat bark
3. Write out two words each, starting with given letters:
Examples – S = Shoe Sing
- A = __________ __________
- C = __________ __________
- F = __________ __________
- H = __________ __________
- B = __________ __________
4. Identification complete these sentences about yourself.
A. My name is __________.
B. l am __________ years old.
C. l am a __________.
D. l am in basic __________.
E. My best food is __________.
5. Write out days of the week.
Part 1 – Attempt all questions in this section.
1. There are __________ places in a house.
2. __________ is one of them.
3. A kitchen is where __________ is prepared and cooked.
4. __________ is used in a modern kitchen.
5. There are __________ in a kitchen.
6. There are also spoons and __________.
7. __________ are kept in a kitchen.
8. A kitchen is a functional __________.
9. l __________ the kitchen in my father’s house.
10. My __________ cooks in the kitchen.
Part 2 – Attempt all questions in this section.
1. A __________ is a flying vehicle.
2. A __________ is a place where goods are sold.
3. Water is a __________ substance.
4. Orange is a __________.
5. A mosquito is a/an __________.