THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
Answer all questions.
1. One of these is not a race of the world.
2. These are factors responsible for women and children trafficking except ____________.
(b) good economy
3. A technique for abstinence is ____________.
4. ____________ is a disagreement between two or more persons.
5. Goods that are allowed into or outside a country under certain conditions are called ____________ goods.
6. A process of transporting gas, oil or other liquid from one place to another is ____________ transportation.
7. The knowledge gained from observing, testing and recording ideas is referred to as ____________.
(b) fact finding
8. The type of trade that takes place within a country is called ____________ trade.
(d) ile epo
9. The father of evolution theory is referred to as ____________.
(a) James Bond
(b) Michael Jackson
(c) Charles Dickens
(d) Charles Darwin
10. The remains of animal cast over a long period of time is called ____________.
11. One of these is not a way of storing food items.
12. Those materials used by people to beautify themselves is ____________.
13. African beliefs which people often say but are not true are called ____________
14. All are examples of Nigeria’s public sector except ____________.
15. The following are types of marriages in Nigeria except ____________.
16. A system of marriage whereby a woman is married to two or more men is referred to as ____________.
17. A man accused to have killed his father is referred to as ____________.
18. South African gained her independence in the year 1910. She had to against ____________ racial system.
19. A society where citizens trace their roots to their mothers side is called ____________.
20. Islam as a religion originated from ____________.
(d) Saudi Arabia
21. The belief in different gods is called ____________.
22. The word ‘school’ is ____________ ‘scole’ which means leisure time or study.
23. A type of conflict which employs a peaceful way of expressing our disagreement is ____________ conflict.
(d) non violent
24. Sources of values can be gotten from the following reliable places except ____________.
(a) the school
(b) book haram
(d) the family
25. The process of preventing any occurrence that can endanger or lead to actual loss of lives and properties is referred to as ____________.
(b) first aid
26. The first stage of man, also known as hunter was ____________.
27. Nigeria is a mono product economy because ____________.
28. Someone from Plateau state in Nigeria is from ____________ Geo-political zone.
29. Those officials who man our borders ensuring that illegal goods are neither allowed into nor outside Nigeria are referred to as ____________.
30. ____________ document allows an individual entry or exit to a country.
31. The acronym POS simply means ____________.
32. The pictures inscribed on Nigeria’s one thousand naira notes are those of ____________ and ____________.
33. The amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorates of Nigeria was in the year ____________.
34. A place where crude products are transformed into petrol is ____________.
35. Centre of excellence is to Lagos, as ____________ is to Ondo state.
36. As a factor of production, ____________ is the reward for entrepreneurship.
37. A type of trade that takes place between two countries only is called ____________.
38. Female circumcision could also be referred to as ____________.
39. A citizen from Finland is a ____________ and he/she speaks ____________.
40. Types of decision making include ____________ and ____________.
41. The name Nigeria was given by ____________ in the year ____________.
42. An instrument used to determine the cause of an air crash is called ____________.
43. A place in the air craft where the pilot stays is referred to as ____________.
44. ____________ is a situation whereby options are selected from alternatives.
45. While NIS means ____________, NCS means ____________.
46. Nigeria is located in the ____________ African sub-region.
47. The only continent that is larger than Africa is ____________.
48. While ____________ is the smallest planet, ____________ is the largest.
49. Ordinance marriage takes place in the ____________ and is officiated by ____________.
50. ____________ became the first Governor-General of Nigeria.
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
A. Define evolution.
B. Trace and discuss the stages of man according to Charles Darwin.
A. What are harmful traditional practices?
B. in what four ways can our traditions be harmful?
A. Write on the sectors of the Nigerian economy.
B. While defining religion, write on the different types of religion you were taught.
A. What is marriage?
B. What are the requirements of marriage, if any?
A. Using a well labeled diagram, illustrate the components of social studies.
B. Write exhaustively on ‘global international co-operation’.