THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PREVIOUS LESSON – Understanding Electronic Mail – Meaning of Electronic Mail (Email) | How to Create Email Primary 4/Basic 4 Term 2 Week 4 Computer Studies
TOPIC: ELECTRONIC MAIL
2. Creating Gmail and Yahoo mail
3. Send and Receive Emails
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. create email account.
2. write valid email address.
The pupils can write simple letters.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Internet connected computer lab or cyber cafe.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Email stands for electronic mail.
Email is an electronic means of exchange message electronic devices – computer or phone.
Email address is a unique identity for an email account.
CREATING YAHOO AND GMAIL ACCOUNT
Guides pupils to create a valid email account.
Note – Only 13 + is qualified to create email account. You can specify year within quality years.
LESSON 2 – SENDING AND RECEIVING MAILS
Log in to your Gmail account so that you are on the dashboard (main page) of your mail account.
A new blank email window will open up. In the ‘To’ box, type in the email address of the recipient.
Type your message in the main body field of your email.
When you’re happy with your email, click the blue Send button at the bottom of the compose window.
The email you’ve sent will now be stored in the ‘Sent Mail’ folder on your Gmail dashboard.
RECEIVING EMAIL Send mail to some of the pupils and lets them to send messages to one another, guide them to read messages received.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Opens a letter/message in email box with a computer or mobile phone.
3. Explains the terms and conditions for creating email accounts.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the terms and conditions for creating email accounts.
4. Uses the steps to create email accounts to guides pupils to create email accounts.
Pupil’s Activities – Create a valid email account.
5. Guides to send and receive mail.
Pupil’s Activities – Write, send and receive mail.
6. Explains each of item on the yahoo and gmail menu account.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and name each of the yahoo and gmail menu.
7. Summarizes the lessons on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson summary and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of electronic mail.
2. Email stands for ____________.
3. state the steps to create yahoo mail or gmail.
4. create a valid email account – gmail or Yahoo mail.
5. send and open receive mails.