THEME – THE HOME
PREVIOUS LESSON – Home Furnishing | Furnitures found in the Home Primary 2 (Basic 2) Link
TOPIC – HOME FURNISHINGS AND FURNISHINGS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Home Furnishings and Furniture Found in Different Functional Rooms
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify the pieces of Furnishings and furniture found in the different functional rooms in the home.
2. state the uses of each piece of Furnishings and furniture found in the home.
The pupils can state the uses of different Furnishings and furnitures found in the home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pieces of Furnishings and furniture found in the home, e.g. bed, chairs, mat, table, mattress, etc.
2. Relevant pictures to show home furniture.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display real objects or pictures/charts of furnishings and furnitures found in the home for the pupils to identify the uses of each furniture.
Pupil’s Activities – Bed – sleeping, chair – sitting, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Correct, each of the furniture is used for a particular purpose. Note each of the uses on the board.
USES OF HOME FURNISHINGS AND FURNITURE FOUND IN THE HOME
1. Bed – sleeping
2. Tables – eating and writing
3. Chairs – sitting
4. Desks – writing
5. Cupboards – storing kitchen equipment or articles
6. Wardrobe – storing clothes
7. Refrigerator – preserving food
8. Ironing board – pressing clothes, etc.
Find out home furnishings and furnitures found in the following –
1. Sitting room
3. Dining room
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display real objects or pictures/charts of furnishings and furniture found in the home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify real objects or pictures/charts of furniture found in the home.
3. Discuss the uses of the furnishings and furniture found in each of the rooms.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the furnishings and furniture found in the home.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to state the uses of –
Match the following items with their uses –
1. Bed pressing clothes
2. Tables storing clothes
3. Chairs food preservation
4. Desks entertainment
5. Cupboards cooking
6. Wardrobe eating and writing
7. Refrigerator sitting
8. Ironing board sleeping
9. Television storing kitchen equipment or articles
10. Gas cooker writing