WEEK 4/SECOND TERM – A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET
WEEK 1/THIRD TERM – DESCRIPTION COMPOSITION/NARRATIVE
WEEK 3/PRIMARY 6
THEME: READING AND WRITING
TOPIC – DESCRIPTION COMPOSITION/NARRATIVE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Narrate a story.
2. Write a composition on a given topic.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures/charts of exciting events.
2. Model descriptive passage.
3. Course book
4. Supplementary reader.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A narrative is a form of writing that tells a story.
Description composition is the detail to describe a particular event or story.
DESCRIPTION COMPOSITION – A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET
1. Description piece of writing, bringing out important events to highlight.
2. Communicate these thoughts in a continuous prose.
3. Get, through the help of pupils, the different exciting events in their lives.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the content of the composition with pupils. Each mentioning their own memorable day.
Pupil’s Activities – Talk about their experiences with regard to the event.
3. Lets them say why it is memorable.
Pupil’s Activities – Read over the work on the board.
4. Lets the write it as a creative piece of writing to go on display on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Write two or three paragraphs on their own memorable day.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Narrate their own story.
2. Write their own composition on a topic of their interest – A day I will never forget.