Last Updated on July 20, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: COMPUTER KEYBOARD
PREVIOUS LESSON – APPLICATION OF COMPUTER KEYBOARD – SPECIAL CHARACTER KEYS (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: APPLICATION OF KEYBOARD – SPACE BAR, BACK SPACE KEY AND ARROW KEYS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. use space bar key.
2. use back space key to delete.
3. use arrow keys to move the cursor left, right, up and down.
The pupils are required to already have learned application of Keyboard – special character keys.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
functional computer systems.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INSTRUCTIONS – IDENTIFY AND USE
Open Ms word and type,
1. Space bar is used for making a space between letters or words. It is the longest key on a computer keyboard.
2. Back space key is used to delete or move the cursor backward.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the space bar, back space key and arrow keys.
Pupil’s Activities – Recognize the space bar, back space key and arrow keys on computer keyboard.
3. Guides pupils to one or two sentences.
Pupil’s Activities – Type one or two sentences given by the teacher.
4. Assists and directs where pupils need to delete a letter or word in case of any mistakes and make use of arrow keys where they are offline.
Pupil’s Activities – Call for assistance where it is needed.
5. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Mainly practical.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – application of Keyboard (return keys and cap lock).
Pupils to –
as state in the content of the lesson.