THEME – PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Diagram of Earthworm Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Agriculture
TOPIC – EARTHWORM
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification and Description of Earthworms
2. The Usefulness of Earthworms
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify earthworm.
2. State the usefulness of earthworms to the soil.
The pupils can describe earthworms.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing the usefulness of earthworms.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing good soil and crops that grow well for the pupils to describe.
Pupil’s Activities – This is black soil and the crops grow well.
Teacher’s Remark – Correct, earthworms enriched the soil to make crops grow well. Ask the pupils to describe earthworms and discuss their usefulness.
USEFULNESS OF EARTHWORM
Earthworms live in the soil and improve soil by their activities.
1. Earthworms allowed air and water get into the soil.
2. Earthworms dissolved the leaves and grass.
3. Earthworms enrich soil by dragging down dead leaves with the soil.
4. Earthworms make the plants to grow well.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays live earthworm and sketch.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe and identify earthworm.
3. Discusses why earthworm is called farmers friend.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons why earthworms are farmer’s friends.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. describe and draw an earthworm.
2. explain that earthworms live in the soil and improve soil by their activities.
3. state 2 usefulness of earthworms.