BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF HEAD PAN
TOPIC – USES OF BASKET
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Identify a basket.
- state the uses of a basket.
- draw and colour a basket.
Uses of Basket
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chart showing a basket.
- Real objects of a basket.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY BASKET AMONG THE FOLLOWING SIMPLE MACHINES
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE USES OF BASKET
- To store farm product.
- To carry items bought from the market, etc.
Give the pupils room to state the uses of basket and write their point on the board.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify a basket.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify a basket.
- Leads them on a class discussion to know its use.
- Pupil’s Activities – List the uses of basket.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- state two uses of a basket.
- draws and colour a basket.