CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Drawing | Types of Drawing – Life Drawing | Still Life Drawing | Natural and Landscape Drawing | Imaginative Drawing Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Cultural and Creative Arts
TOPIC – DRAWING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning/Uses of Drawing
3. Steps to Follow in Drawing
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the uses of drawing.
2. draw different types of drawing.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pencil, Crayon, Marker, Colored pens, Sketch pad, Paper, Cardboard sheets, Drawing boards, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing the following –
- A child sleeping on the bed,
- A teacher teaching,
- A child reading his/her book,
- A child on his knee praying.
Ask the pupils to describe the contents of the chart.
Teacher’s remark – Correct. The chart tells what the three children and the teacher are doing. The chart also tells us one of the uses of drawing – communication. Discuss other uses of drawing and summary the key points on the board.
IMPORTANCE/USES OF DRAWING
Drawing is created serve many purposes, among these are:
1. It is used for communication.
2. It is used for expressing one’s feelings.
3. It is used for decoration and beautification.
4. It is used for commemoration.
5. It is used for keeping records of important events, history and culture.
6. It used for worship and ritual.
LESSON 2 – STEPS TO FOLLOW IN DRAWING
There are many steps to follow in drawing. The steps depend on what you want to do draw.
Follow the link – Step by Step How to Draw, the link will help you to guide the pupils to draw any types of drawing.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the uses of drawing.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion and state the uses of drawing.
3. Guide the pupils to draw different types of drawing.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s steps to draw drawing.
4. Asks pupils to draw – still life, landscape, nature drawing and imaginative drawing.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw object.
5. Summary of the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. State 5 uses of drawing.
2. draw one for each – still life, landscape, nature drawing and imaginative drawing.