LOWER PRIMARY SCHOOLS
THEME – WRITING
TOPIC – WRITING OF ALPHABET
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – write alphabet from A – Z
The pupils can identify alphabetical letters.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of alphabetical chart
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Sing or play different songs on alphabet.
Identify and Write Alphabetical Letters A – B
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays alphabetical chart on the board and at the pupil’s table.
Pupil’s Activities – Looking at the alphabetical letters.
3. Points to a letter on the board and ask pupils to pick the same letter.
Pupil’s Activities – Pick the same letter as the one on the board.
4. Traces and letters in sand trays.
Pupil’s Activities – Trace letters in sand trays.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. name the letters in given prints and
2. match letters printed on cards to names of the alphabet.
3. trace letters in sand tray s.