Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – SPORTS AND GAMES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Recreation – Leisure and Local Dance and Reasons Why People Dance (Primary 6)
TOPIC: COMPUTER GAMES
1. Meaning (Types) of Computer Games
2. Components of Computer Games
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
1. identify the various computer games;
2. identify different components of computers;
3. play the computer games.
The pupils are required to already have learned recreation, leisure and dance.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
computers, mobile phones, computer game materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Online Information – Wikipedia.org
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Physical and Health Education Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
A computer game is a game played on computer, in which the pictures that appear on the screen are controlled by pressing keys or moving a joystick.
TYPES OF COMPUTER GAMES
COMPONENT OF COMPUTER GAME
2. Control pad
6. USB/software disc
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 4 ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or as played by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Shows the pupils various computer games materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Watch computer game materials displayed by the teacher.
3. List components of computer;
Pupil’s Activities – Identify various components of computer.
4. Demonstrate how to play the games;
Pupil’s Activities – play the computer games.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (Marital arts).
1. List various types of computer games;
2. Play computer games.