Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: DRUG EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Drugs Supply and Drug Trafficking (Primary 6)
TOPIC: IDENTIFICATION OF ABUSERS AND THEIR TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION
1. Meaning of Drug Abusers
2. Characteristics of Drug Abusers
3. Primary Source of Help for Drug Abusers
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
1. list the characteristics of persons that abuse of heroine, cocaine and sedative drugs.
2. list at least 3 primary of help for those with drug problems.
The pupils are required to already have learned effects of normal and excessive use of drugs.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
charts showing characteristics persons that abuse of heroine, cocaine and sedative drugs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Drug abuse affects the body and mind of the user and often many of those around him or her.
CHARACTERISTICS/EFFECTS OF DRUG ABUSERS
1. Abnormal or excessive happiness
3. Shivering when not on the drug
2. Lack of appetite
3. Excessive happiness of depression when not on drug
1. Drunken behaviour without smell.
2. Drunken behaviour with smell of drink (alcohol).
3. Tremors or convulsion when not on drugs.
PRIMARY SOURCES OF HELP FOR THOSE WITH DRUG ABUSE PROBLEM
3. Older relations
4. School health officers
5. Social centres
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 4 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to enumerate the characteristics of persons who abuse – heroine, cocaine and sedative drugs;
Pupil’s Activities – Enumerate the characteristics of persons who abuse – heroine, cocaine and sedative drugs.
3. Discusses primary sources of help for those with drug abuse problem;
Pupil’s Activities – Mention primary sources of help for those with drug abuse problem.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (prevention of drug abuse).
- Assignment – Find out the effects of drug abuse on people with drug problems.
list 3 characteristics of persons who abuse heroine, cocaine and sedative drugs.