Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Computer and Society – Small and Large Scale Applications of Computer in the Society (Primary 6)
TOPIC: CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN COMPUTING
Career Opportunities in Computer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
1. List career opportunities associated with computer usage;
2. Mention their future career.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book – Computer Studies for Primary Schools Book 6
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
There are various career opportunities in the computer or IT profession as it is commonly referred to now as every area of human activity use it.
Also, most engineering based products have one computer – based device or another working inside it.
CAREERS OPPORTUNITIES IN COMPUTER
There are many careers opportunities in computer, these include:
To teach at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
2. Computer Programming
To write computer programs.
3. Computer Engineering
To assemble and repairs computers.
4. Computer Analysts
To determine programs inside computers.
5. Hardware Maintenance and Support
To service computers.
6. Business Analyst
Offer computer solutions to business problems.
7. Database Management Support
To take care of data stored.
8. Telecommunications Engineers
To take of mobile phones, masts and other equipment.
9. Computer Operations
Computer operator, data entry clerk, librarian, etc. that work daily with the computer.
10. Computer Auditing
To check that the use of the computer is correct.
11. Computer Security
To ensure protection of computer and data.
To write technical and user manuals in different languages.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guide the pupils in discussing various career opportunities associated with computer usage;
3. Pupils’ Activities – Choose their future career.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list five (5) career opportunities associated with computer usage;
2. mention their future career.