Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOVERNMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – IMPORTANCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC: GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIAN
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psycho-motor) and be able to –
1. explain the meaning of institutions;
2. mention government institutions in Nigeria.
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Resource persons
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS
An institution is social structure in which people cooperate and which influences the behavior of people and the way they live.
A government is an institution entrusted with making and enforcing the rules of a society as well as with regulating relations with other societies.
TYPES OF GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
- Government institutions in Nigeria include:
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lead pupils to mention some government institution;
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the listing of government institutions.
1. explain the meaning of government institutions;
2. mention 4 government institutions in Nigeria.