Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: SOURCE OF INCOME
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
- identify sources of income;
- explain the meaning of wise buying and spending;
- identify items of needs and wants;
- state the advantages and ways of spending wisely.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of diagram of sources of family income.
- Scheme of Work 4 – 6
- 9 – Year Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Books
- All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Source of Income simply means where the money is coming from.
SOURCES OF INCOME
- Wages and salaries,
- Savings plan,
- Loans from friends and families or financial agents,
- Profits made in business,
- Interests on investment,
- Dividends on shares,
- Sales of properties e.g. car, house, etc.
PRINCIPLES OF NEEDS AND WANTS
Human being need or want many things at a point in time. As soon as one need or want is met or satisfied, another needs or wants arise. It is our needs that give rise to our wants.
Needs are basic necessities of life. Basic needs of man are food, clothing and shelter.
Wants are the unlimited human desires.
ITEMS OF NEEDS AND WANTS
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses means of getting family income;
- Explains the differences between needs and wants;
- Summarize the lesson on the board;
- Pupil’s Activities – Role – play in wise shopping in class by comparing prices.
- Note taking.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
- list three sources of family income;
- state three advantages of comparing prices.