Third Term Examination Home Economics Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Exam Questions
THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
PRIMARY 5 (BASIC 5)
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. Some simple clothing articles are these except _____________.
[b] tray cover
[c] paper mache
2. _____________ is not a material needed for making simple articles.
[c] Tailoring machine
3. _____________ is a garment for covering and protecting the front of Clothes.
4. _____________ is not a material needed for the production of apron.
[a] Brown paper
[b] Machine thread
[c] Match stick
5. The first step involve in preparing the pocket for apron is _____________.
[a] remove tacking thread and press apron
[b] stitch each firmly
[c] tack neckband, belts and pocket in the proper positions.
6. Dry cleaning is _____________ method of cleaning some of our special materials.
[c] an effective
7. In removing stains from our clothing materials we must first identify _____________ of the stain.
8. _____________ is the method of joining two pieces of materials together.
9. To mend clothes is to _____________ them.
10. _____________ is the method of joining or stitching together with needle and thread.
11. The process of preparing food by heating it is called _____________.
12.. _____________ is the process of cooking food in hot oil.
13. _____________ is a substance for rubbing surfaces to make them shine.
14. _____________ is an example of home made cleaning agent.
[a] Scouring powder
15. A/an _____________ is a place for washing clothes, etc commercially.
[b] knacker yard
Get more Home Economics Exam Questions – Third Term Examination Home Economics Link
Attempt all questions in this section.
A. State 5 relevant clothing articles you know.
B. Mention any three materials used in making simple relevant articles.
A. State two procedure involved in making apron.
B. Explain what you understand by the term maintenance of clothing.
A. List three ways of caring for clothes.
B. Define patching.
A. State in three steps preparation of pocket for apron.
B. Mention three types of household pests.
A. State three ways of removing stains in our clothes.
B. What is sewing?
Follow the link for Home Economics Plan Lesson Notes – Third Term Examination Home Economics Primary 1 – Primary 6 Links