Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: TEACHING OF NEW WORDS AND DICTATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor)and be able to:
1. pick out new words from the passage;
2. write the meaning of new word/word bank in the passage;
3. make a sentence with these words;
4. write down the dictated words.
Words and meaning and dictations.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of dictionary.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
MacMillan Brilliant Primary English school book 6
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Word Bank – Vocabulary, Dictation and Composition
Making Sentences With The New Words
Dictation and Spelling
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to pick out new words from the passage;
Pupil’s Activities – Scan the meaning of the new words.
3. Write them on the board and tells pupils their meanings;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the meanings of words and repeat after the teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state correctly and write the meaning of new words given.