Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – PERSONAL BELONGINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – CARE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
TOPIC: Effects of Right Choice and Uses of Personal Belongings
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to state effects of right choice and Uses on personal appearance.
Pupil’s school materials, clothes, shoes, toothbrush, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures and charts of some personal and family resources e.g. clothes, combs, money.
Some real objects e.g. clothes, plates, iron, radio.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Personal belongings are items (things) that are belong to one person. For example – clothes, shoes, towel, underwear, toothbrush, wristwatch, etc. These items are used everyday and not to be shared with anyone.
EFFECTS OF RIGHT CHOICE USES ON PERSONAL APPEARANCE
- Looking beautiful and neat.
- You will feel cool and comfortable in them.
- People will admired you because of the way you look.
- People will compliment you.
- It will give you a sense of belonging in the midst of people.
EFFECTS OF RIGHT CARE ON PERSONAL APPEARANCE
- It saves money.
- It is durable.
- It saves time and money.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides class discussion the effects of right choice uses and care on personal appearance.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
- Gives a board summary;
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy the board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Various Functional Rooms in the House
Pupil to attempt all the questions on the
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSESSMENT)
1. _______________ are items (things) that are belong to one person.
A. Personal belongings
B. Family belongings
C. Friend belongings
Mention 5 effects of right choice uses on personal appearance.
Mention 4 effects of right care on personal appearance.