Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – PERSONAL BELONGINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – CHOICE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
TOPIC: FACTORS INFLUENCING CHOICE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and able to –
1. state factors Influencing choice of personal belongings;
2. explain the uses of personal belongings.
Pupil’s school materials, clothes, shoes, toothbrush, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures and charts of some personal belongings
Some real objects
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Personal belongings are items (things) that are belong to one person.
For example – clothes, shoes, towel, underwear, toothbrush, wristwatch, etc.
These items are used everyday and not to be shared with anyone.
FACTORS INFLUENCE CHOICE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
There are a lot of factors that influence the choice of personal belongings. These are –
5. Choice – Likes and dislikes
USES OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
1. Toothbrush – for brushing the teeth.
2. Hair brush – to brush or comb the hair.
3. Soap and Sponge – for washing the body.
4. Towel – for cleaning the body.
5. Shoes – to protect the feet against sharp objects and other harmful things.
6. Clothes – to cover, protect and beautify the body.
7. Bags – to carry personal items from place to place.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides class discussion on factors Influencing choice of personal belongings.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
3. Explain the uses of personal belongings.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of personal belongings.
4. Gives a board summary;
Pupil’s Activities – Copy the board summary.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Next Lesson – Care of Personal Belongings
Pupil to answer the question questions.
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT)
Attempt all the questions
1. _______________ are items (things) that are belong to one person.
A. Personal belongings
B. Family belongings
C. Friend belongings
Mention 5 factors that influence choice of personal belongings.
Explain the uses of the following –
7. Toothbrush ________________________________________________
8. Hair brush _________________________________________________
9. Soap and Sponge __________________________________________
10. Towel ____________________________________________________