Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT AND RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC: LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENTS
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
- list the basic locomotor movements;
- explain how to perform each of the movements;
- demonstrate movement patterns;
- practice the skills of locomotor movement.
Basic movements – walking and running
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course books
- All relevant Materials
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENTS
Locomotive movements are movements of body from one place to another.
These movements involve one changing his or her position to another position.
There are many different locomotor movements:
Pupil’s – Teacher’s Activities
Demonstrate some of these locomotor movements
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the basic movement skills;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher.
- Demonstrates the basic movement skills;
- Pupil’s Activities – Watch the teacher’s demonstration.
- Observes and supervises the basic movement skills;
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice the activities..
- Corrects the pupils practice errors.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Non Locomotive Movements
1. Explain the term, ‘locomotive movements’.
List any 5 locomotor activities.
Perform any 4 Locomotor activities mentioned above.