Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME: OUR VALUE
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD EXAMINATION
TOPIC – CULTURAL DIVERSITY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to Imbibe right attitude to cultural diversity.
The pupils are required to already have learnt…
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of real cultural materials and objects.
METHOD OF TEACHING
- Questions and answers
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Culture means ways of life.
Diversity means difference.
Cultural Diversity means a range of different people (Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo) in different societies (in different part of Nigeria) with different origins, religions and traditions all living and interacting together.
Cultural diversity has increased, exposing kids to new tastes and experiences.
ATTITUDE TO CULTURAL DIVERSITY
- Respect other people ways of life.
- Accept other people’s way of life.
- Appreciate cultural differences.
- Honest with other people with different way of life.
- tolerate other people’s ways of life, i.e. their culture.
- Don’t argue about what you don’t know.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Helps pupils to show or manifest cultural differences;
- Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate respect and tolerance to cultural differences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSESSMENT)
Attempt all the questions
1. _______________ means ways of life.
2. _______________ means difference.
3. Cultural diversity means _______________.
A. Cultural difference
B. The same culture
C. Good culture
State two cultural diversity.