Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
FIRST SECOND THIRD TERM
WEEK 1 2 3…..
PRIMARY 4 5 6
TOPIC: READING TO Find THE MAIN POINTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. read the passage;
2. skim for the main points in passage;
3. scan for the specific information;
4. answer the questions asked.
Reading and Writing
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A reading passage selected from the course book based on regard and concern for interest of others.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reads the passage to the pupils;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the summary the teacher gave.
3. Explains the passage;
Pupil’s Activities – Read the passage to skim for the main points.
4. Highlights the main points;
5. Distinguishes the theme/subject matter of the passage;
Pupil’s Activities – Answer the questions asked.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. read the passage correctly;
2. skim for the main points;
3. state the specific information in the passage.