Source of Dangers and Insecurity – Meaning of Rape | Causes of Rape Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Security Education
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Dangers and Insecurity – Bomb Explosion (Primary 2)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF DANGERS AND INSECURITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Rape
3. Causes of Rape
4. Effects of Rape
5. How to Control Rape
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the term – rape.
2. state the causes and effects of rape.
The pupils understand the concept of force.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF RAPE
Rape is the used of force to have sex with someone.
CAUSES OF RAPE
1. Drugs and alcohol
2. Indecent dressing
3. Bad friends
4. Walking alone
5. Night time
7. Flirt behaviour
EFFECTS OF RAPE
9. Feeling alone
10. Suicide or death
LESSON 2 – HOW TO PREVENT RAPE
1. Wearing a good cloth.
2. Do not walk alone.
3. Stay at home in the night.
4. Stay away from strangers.
5. Stay away from bad friends.
6. Do not go to party where you cannot be comfortable.
7. Stay away from people that abused drugs.
8. Stay away from people drunker.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing the concept of forceful rape.
3. Lets pupils examine the chart and point out the identity forceful acts.
Pupil’s Activities – Read the picture.
4. Uses the chart to introduce and explain the concept of rape.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively to the teacher.
5. Leads a discussion on causes and effects of rape.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
6. Summarizes each lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
Ask pupils to:
1. explain the term – rape.
2. state 3 causes of rape.
3. state the causes and effects of rape.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ______ is the used of force to have sex with someone.
2. ______ is one of the causes of rape.
A. Good friends
B. Bad friends
3. Walking alone at night not one of the causes of rape.
4. Fear and sadness are some of the effects of rape.
5. Stay away from strangers is one of the ways to control rape.