Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – COMPUTER SOFTWARE (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: SYSTEM SOFTWARE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the meaning of software.
2. mention common operating system, games and word processing software and state the uses of the software above.
3. list examples of each type of software above.
4. play games software on a computer
5. type text using MS-Word.
The pupils are required to already have learned about the parts of the computer system which we can see and touch – computer hardware.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a computer system with all the necessary software installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Computer hardware cannot work without computer software. System software is a program that makes the computer system work.
Examples of system software are:
1. Disk Operating System (DOS) is used in microcomputers.
2. Windows 2000 or Window NT is used in microcomputers.
3. UNIX is used in mainframe computer.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – USE MICROSOFT WORD AND PLAY GAMES ON THE COMPUTER
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to state the meaning of system software;
Pupil’s Activities – state the meaning of system software.
3. Lists the types of system software;
Pupil’s Activities – state the 3 types of system software.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – operating system.
1. state meaning of system software.
2. state three different types of system software.