Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINK FOR PRIMARY SCHOOL
TOPIC: COMPUTER SOFTWARE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to state the meaning and types of software.
The pupils are required to already have learned about the parts of the computer system which we can see and touch – computer hardware.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a computer system with all the necessary software installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Computer hardware is the parts of the computer system which we can see and touch. The parts of the computer system which we cannot see or touch is called computer software.
MEANING OF COMPUTER SOFTWARE
A computer software is a set of instructions given to computer to make it function.
TYPES OF SOFTWARE
There are three (3) types of computer software, namely:
- Systems software
- Application software
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to state the meaning of computer software;
Pupil’s Activities – state the meaning of computer software.
3. Guides the pupils to differentiate between computer hardware and
Pupil’s Activities – differentiate between computer hardware and software
4. Lists the types of computer systems;
Pupil’s Activities – state the 2 types of computer systems.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – System software
1. state the meaning of computer software.
2. differentiate between computer hardware and software.
3. state three different types of software.