Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND IDENTITY
PREVIOUS LESSON –
1. Meaning of Nationalization
2. Conditions foreigner must fulfill before Becoming Nigerians Citizens.
3. Reasons foreigners are in our land
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain what Nationalization means.
2. explain the conditions which foreigners must comply with before becoming a Nigerian citizen.
3. give reasons why foreigners are in our country.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of map of Africa and of the world.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF NATURALIZATION
Naturalization is the legal process by which a non – citizen in a country may acquire citizenship or nationality of that country. It is done without stress or involve an application and approval from the appropriate authorities.
CONDITIONS WHICH FOREIGNERS MUST FULFILL BEFORE BECOMING NIGERIAN CITIZENS
1. Actually desire and intend to live in Nigeria;
2. He/she is a person of full age and capacity;
3. He/she is a person of good character;
4. Be willing and capable of helping Nigeria and her citizens to develop and make progress.
5. Have a good means of livelihood.
6. He/she has shown a clear intention of his desire to be domiciled in Nigeria;
7. Resided in Nigeria for a continuous period of fifteen years;
8. Loyal and patriotic.
REASONS WHY FOREIGNERS ARE IN OUR COUNTRY
1. Economic reasons
3. As expert
5. Intelligence purpose
EXAMPLES OF FOREIGN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA
1. MTN and Airtel
2. Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Oil & Gas
3.Chevron Oil & Gas
4.nMobil Oil & Gas
5. Total Oil & Gas
6. Nestlé Nigeria FMCG
7. Halliburton Energy Oil & Gas
9. 7up bottling company
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists and explains the conditions that foreigners must satisfy before becoming Nigerian citizens.
3 Asks pupils to give specific examples they know
Pupil’s Activities – Give examples of foreigners who have become Nigerian citizens in their locality.
4. Guides pupils to identify foreign companies in Nigeria.
Pupil’s Activities – List foreign companies in Nigeria.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – advantages and disadvantages of foreigners in our midst.
1. Explain the term nationalization.
2. Give two reasons why foreigners are in our midst.