Last Updated on March 29, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
THEME: CONCEPT AND MEDIUM OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Problems of Farm Manager JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture
TOPIC – SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF FARM MANAGER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Definition of Farm Manager
3. Solutions to the Problems of Farm Manager
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define farm manager.
2. state the solutions to the problems of farm manager.
The students can state the solutions to the problems of farm manager based on their excursion.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of previous excursion.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Farm manager is one of the factors of agricultural production that organizes, manages and coordinates all other factors of agricultural production.
Farm manager minimums cost and maximums production in order to make profit.
The reward is profit and loss.
PROBLEMS OF FARM MANAGER
1. Precision of fund.
2. The use of modern agricultural equipments, tools, seedling and materials.
3. The use of pesticides and insecticide.
4. Qualify book keeper should be employed.
5. Government should make land available for farmers.
6. Government should encourage investors on processing, branding and packaging.
LESSON 2 – SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS OF FARM MANAGER
7. Adopted reports from research institutes.
8. Good government policies will enable the farm manager to concentrate on his/her managerial work.
9. Availability of credit facilities.
11. Government can subside some of the agricultural agricultural materials, equipments and tools or make available on lease or instalment.
10. Modern storage facilities
11. Necessary precautions should be taken especially on the disasters can be controlled.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Asks students to state and discuss solutions to the problems of farm manager. Teacher active participation is needed.
Student’s Activities – Active participation in the class discussion.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. define farm manager.
2. state 5 solutions to the problems of farm manager.