Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING AND CAUSES OF ETHNICITY (PRIMARY 4)
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF ETHNICITY IN NIGERIA
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to explain the consequences of ethnicity in Nigeria.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONSEQUENCES OF ETHNICITY IN NIGERIA
- Communal conflict
- Political violence
- Waste manpower
- Waste resources, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Organizes and helps pupils to feel the consequences of ethnicity.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in practical activities to help them feel the consequences of ethnicity.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – suggest two ways of solving the problem in ethnicity in Nigeria.
Pupils to mention three consequences of ethnicity in Nigeria.