Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND IDENTITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – REASONS WHY WE SHOULD BUILD OUR NATION
- Meaning of Ethnicity
- Causes of Ethnicity
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- state the meaning of ethnicity.
- list causes of ethnicity in Nigeria.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF ETHNICITY
Ethnicity is a social group consciousness that influence social economic and political decisions.
It is a feeling that one’s social group has been cheated in resource allocation.
CAUSES OF ETHNICITY
Feeling that one’s social group has been cheated in:
1. Resource allocation,
5. Political strategy to win election, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to state the meaning of ethnicity.
Pupil’s Activities – State the meaning of ethnicity.
3. Guides the pupils to list the causes of ethnicity in Nigeria.
Pupil’s Activities – Write down on paper the causes of ethnicity in Nigeria.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the meaning of ethnicity.
2. identify and list three causes of ethnicity in Nigeria.