Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – NATION – MEANING AND CHARACTERISTICS (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: REASONS WHY WE SHOULD BUILD OUR NATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state reasons why we should build our nation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Video clips
- Class textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
REASONS WHY WE SHOULD BUILD OUR NATION
- For peace coexistence
- For common use of resources
- To unite us against external aggression
- To benefit from one another.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to discuss and give reasons why we should build our nation.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion on reasons to build our nation.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – ethnicity.
Pupils to mention 3 reasons why we need to build our nation.