Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: VALUE AND MAINTENANCE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Recycling Functional Art Work I – Meaning of Recycling As Functional Art (Primary 6)
TOPIC: RECYCLING FUNCTIONAL ART WORK
1. Producing Recycling Art Work
2. Display Recycling Art Work
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the methods of recycling products into finished art work use in the home;
2. produce art works useful in the home through recycling.
The pupils are required to already have learned maintenance by recycling.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Arts for Basic School 6
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (RECYCLING)
Recycling is the changing of waste or used materials into new objects or materials which can be use for another functions.
PRODUCING RECYCLING WORK
Paper Mache – is an easy to make hard material that can be used to cover various surfaces. It is often used in arts and crafts to make various sculptures like Nigerian coat of arms, fruit bowls, puppets, dolls and much more.
METHOD OF PAPER MACHE
1. A bowl or large container;
2. Flour, wallpaper powder/paste, or white glue;
4. Your base structure;
1. Soak newspapers and used papers in water for two to three days.
2. Squeeze out water from it.
3. Pound to mix well with other materials.
4. You can mould flower vase and other materials from it.
LESSON TWO – POUND PAPER
Old papers can be pound and bound with starch.
Paste pulp can be used to produce useful and functional arts works such as flower vase.
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and Allows pupils to demonstrate and produce (at home) recycling items by either method.
WEEK 5 AND WEEK 6 ASSESSMENT/ASSIGNMENT – DISPLAY RECYCLING ART WORK
As produced by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Assists pupils to produce works through recycling.
Pupil’s Activities – Produces art works through recycling other products.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (relationship between values and maintenance).
1. produce an art work through recycling;
2. display items.