Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
PREVIOUS LESSON – How Add Value Through Maintenance (Recycling) II – Primary 6
TOPIC: RECYCLING FUNCTIONAL ART WORK
1. Meaning of Recycling As Functional Art
2. Recycling Materials and Items
3. Methods of Recycling
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
1. name item that can be produced for recycling;
2. state the methods of recycling products into finished art work use in the home;
3. produce art works useful in the home through recycling.
The pupils are required to already have learned maintenance by recycling.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. plastic bottles
8. charts, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Arts for Basic School 6
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (MEANING OF RECYCLING)
Recycling is the changing of waste or used materials into new objects or materials which can be use for another functions.
Some of the items that can be produced from recycled materials are:
2. Plates and cups
4. Decorative materials
6. Instructional materials
7. Flower vase
Broken tiles materials:
1. Wall tiles
2. Floor tiles
Paper or cardboard materials:
1. Toilet rolls
3. Instructional materials
LESSON TWO – REVISION OF WEEK ONE AND METHOD OF RECYCLING
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Names some items that can be produced by recycling;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher.
3. States the method of recycling products into functional art.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the method of recycling produce and asks question.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name items that can be recycled.
2. list five (5) items that can be produced from recycled materials.
3. state method of recycling one item