Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PRE – VOCATIONAL STUDIES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Decorative Stitches III – Practical Work on Brown Paper on Herring Borne and Stem Decorative Stitches (Primary 4)
TOPIC: SIMPLE DECORATIVE STITCHES – PRACTICAL WORK ON BROWN PAPER
1. Practical Work on Blankets or Looping Stitches Decorative Stitches
2. Produce Articles using Blankets or Looping Stitches Decorative Stitches
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. describe the steps in making decorative stitches – Blankets or Looping Stitches
2. produce articles using Blankets or Looping Stitches.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts showing stages of making stitches
Pieces of fabric for making stitches
Sewing tools – needle, pins, tapes…
An album showing stages of making temporary, permanent and decorative stitches
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – PRACTICAL WORK ON BROWN PAPER – BLANKET OR LOOP STITCHES
LESSON TWO – WEEK 8 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or produce by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates the process of making Looping decorative stitches.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the making of Looping decorative stitches.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Produce articles using Looping decorative stitches.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. describe the steps in making Looping decorative stitches.
2. make specimens of Looping decorative stitches.