Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
TOPIC – SIMPLE RELEVANT CLOTHING ARTICLES
1. Meaning of Clothing
2. Simple Clothing Articles
3. Materials Needed for Making Simple Clothing Articles
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
mention some simple relevant clothing articles.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sample of clothing articles like apron, cap, etc.
2. Sample of materials needed for making simple clothing articles.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Clothing is an items worn on the body.
Clothing can be made of textiles, animal skin, or other thin sheets of materials put together.
Simple clothing articles are mainly articles used in preparing and serving meal.
SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES
The simple clothing articles include –
3. Tray cover
5. Tray cloth
6. Oven glove
9. Hand towel
LESSON TWO – MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAKING SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES
Basic materials used in making simple clothing articles are –
2. Hand needles
3. Thread (different colours)
5. Tailor chalks
REVISION AND WEEK 2 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Describes simple clothing articles.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain simple clothing articles.
3. Shows sample of simple clothing articles.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify simple clothing articles.
4. Guides pupils to make a list of materials used in making simple clothing articles.
Pupil’s Activities – A list of materials used in making simple clothing articles.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. List 5 simple clothing articles.
2. Mention 5 materials needed in making simple clothing articles.