Last Updated on September 26, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Third Term Examination (Nursery Class)
TOPIC – MEANING OF COMPUTER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Computer
3. Description of Computer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify and describe a computer system.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
Charts or pictures
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a functional computer or chart showing a computer and television for the pupils to identify, describe and differentiate between computer and television.
DESCRIPTION OF A COMPUTER
This is a C-O-M-P-U-T-E-R.
Have you seen a computer before?
A computer is a machine that counts, calculates and draws.
Computer thinks and calculates faster than you.
Television looks like a computer but it is not a computer.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
1. Leads pupils to identify a computer.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify a computer.
2. Describes computer as a whole.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe a computer.
3. Guides the pupils to spell and write the word – COMPUTER.
Pupil’s Activities – Spell and write computer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Fill in the missing letters: C __ M __ U T __ R.
2. Name anything in your house that looks like a computer.
3. Do you have a computer in your house?