Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON – WHY GOD CREATED ALL THINGS
TOPIC – WHY GOD CREATED HUMAN BEINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- State why God created all man.
- Explain why God created all man.
- Take care of things created by God.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of the sun giving light for the day and moon and stars for the night.
- Picture of a gardener working or shepherd caring for the flock.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WHY GOD CREATED HUMAN BEINGS – Genesis 1:28 – 30
28. “God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.'”
29. And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. tYou shall have them for food.
30. And unto every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
God created man –
- To serve and worship Him.
- To take care of everything He has made.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains why God created all things.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
- Explains how important each child is before God.
- Guides the pupil to know how to serve God and take care of the environment.
- Pupil’s Activities – Sing songs of worship.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Why God Created Man
Pupils to mention two reasons why God created man.