Meaning of Toilet Hygiene | Proper Use of Toilet | Simple Toilet Hygiene | Weekly Assessment Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Items Found in the Toilet Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
TOPIC – THE TOILET HYGIENE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Proper Use of Toilet
3. Simple Demonstration of Toilet Hygiene
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. use the toilet correctly.
2. state ways of maintaining toilet hygiene.
The pupils can demonstrate how to properly use school toilet.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A chart showing types of toilets, water, soap, toilet paper and towel for drying the hands.
2. School toilet.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing clean and dirty toilets for the pupils to identify and different reasons for the different between the two.
Pupil’s Activities – One is good and clean. The other is bad and dirty.
Teacher’s remarks – Correct, the good and clean toilet is safe to use. While the bad and dirty toilet is unsafe. Discuss the meaning of toilet hygiene and proper use of the toilet on the board.
MEANING OF TOILET HYGIENE
Toilet hygiene is the toilet that is safe for use.
PROPER USE OF TOILET
1. Sitting on the bowl
SIMPLE TOILET HYGIENE
1. Flush the toilet after use.
2. Wash your hands after using the toilet.
3. Wash the toilet regularly.
4. Always close the door of the toilet.
5. Use toilet paper and water to clean up.
6. Dispose the toilet paper properly after use.
7. Wash the toilet with disinfectant
DEMONSTRATION OF SIMPLE TOILET HYGIENE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Practical Demonstration on simple use of toilet.
Find out how to make our environment clean.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrate the proper use of the toilet.
3. Take pupils to visit the school toilets to discuss toilet hygiene with them.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the school toilet with the teacher.
4. Assess pupils performance in the practical.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to clean the toilet and bathroom.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
NEXT LESSON Ways of Cleaning the Surrounding of the Home | Weekly Assessment Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Home Economics
Ask pupils to:
1. state two positions that can be used when using the toilet.
2. mention two simple ways of observing toilet hygiene.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ________________ is the toilet that is safe for use.
A. Toilet hygiene
B. Toilet seat
C. Toilet bowl
2. Toilet hygiene is the toilet that is ________________.
A. unsafe to use
B. not safe to use
C. safe for use
3. Toilet troll should be dispose properly ________________ use.
4. Flush the toilet ________________ use.
5. ________________ the toilet after use.
6. Always close the ________________ of the toilet.
7. Flush the toilet after use.
8. Wash your hands before using the toilet.
9. Wash the toilet regularly.
10. Always open the door of the toilet.
This has really be of help ❤️❤️
Thank you it has help me a lot
Thanks a lot for uploading. I get all my lesson plans and notes for homeschooling here