Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION COMPUTER STUDIES BASIC 3
TOPIC – Storage Devices
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- explain the term storage device.
- identify types of internal storage devices.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Hard Disk
- Floppy disk
- Compact disk
- Flash disk
- Magnetic tape
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Storage devices are parts of systems unit.
MEANING OF STORAGE DEVICES
Storage devices are devices where data or information are storage.
TYPES OF COMPUTER STORAGE DEVICES
There are 2 types of storage devices, Internal and external.
This is the main storage device inside computer system. It is called primary storage. Internal storages are found inside the system unit.
There two types of internal storage devices –
- RAM (Random Access Memory)
- ROM (Read Only Memory)
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Displays and explain a system unit on the table.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify and explain a system unit on the table.
- Open or guides the pupils to open the system unit.
- Pupil’s Activities – Open the system unit.
- Leads the pupils to identify internal features of system unit and lets them know the storage devices.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify internal features of system unit and locate internal memory.
- Puts on the computer system and guides the pupils locate each of these devices on the computer monitor.
- Pupil’s Activities – Locate each of these devices on the computer monitor.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision, Test and Examination
1. Mention 2 types of storage devices.
2. Gives 2 types of internal storage.
3. List 4 types of external storage.
4. Identify and name the following storage devices.