Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – SYSTEM UNIT – EXTERNAL FEATURES
TOPIC – SYSTEM UNIT – INTERNAL FEATURES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Identify system unit.
- List internal features of a system unit.
- State the uses of each of these features.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Functional computer systems.
- Different types of system units.
- Chart shows different parts of system unit – Internal Features
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
What parts of computer system is this? Expected answer – system units.
INTERNAL FEATURES OF SYSTEM UNIT
Open/guides pupil to open up the system unit to see and identify its features.
Gives room for them to ask questions the name of each unit.
- Power supply unit
- Memory unit
- Hard disk
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to open the system unit.
- Pupil’s Activities – Open the system unit.
- Lets them visualize the features of the unit.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the internal connection between the internal system unit.
- Responses to pupil’s questions.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen as the teacher answers all their questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Storage Device
Identify the internal features of system unit.