Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Print Making
TOPIC – LANDSCAPE AND NATURAL DRAWING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify landscape drawing.
- name some natural objects.
- list items found in their environment.
- draw still life natural objects and landscapes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Colored pens
- Sketch pad
- Cardboard sheets
- Drawing boards, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Related Posts – Still Life Drawing Primary 4 and Primary 6
CONTENT OF THE LESSON ONE
INTRODUCTION – REVISION
Drawing is a form of visual art. It is the act of making pictures of living and non – living things on drawing papers, cardboards, etc. using appropriate materials.
- Charcoal, etc.
TYPES OF DRAWING
There are three types of drawing –
- Still life drawing
- Landscape drawing
- Natural drawing
CONTENT OF THE LESSON TWO
LANDSCAPES ENVIRONMENT ARTS
Landscape drawing is the drawing of our environment. For school compound, garage, stadium, etc.
3. NATURAL OBJECTS
Natural drawing is also known as life drawing. It is the drawing of living things or things that is not made by man.
DRAWING AND SHADING SHOWING THE EFFECT OF LIGHT AND SHADE
SETTING STILL LIFE AND NATURAL OBJECT FOR DRAWING
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Identify some landscape and natural objects.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify some natural object and landscape drawing.
- Discusses items found in the environment.
- Asks pupils to draw set objects (natural objects or landscapes).
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe different landscape.
- Asks people to draw a given objects.
- Pupil’s Activities – Draw a landscape scene.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Modelling
1. List 5 items found in landscapes.
2. Draw natural objects or landscapes – flowers and school compound.
3. Display natural objects and landscape drawings.