Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – MODELING I
TOPIC – MODELLING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- state the meaning of paper Mache (mashed paper).
- identify the materials used for paper Mache.
- name some objects that could be produced using papier Mache.
- produce objects using papier Mache.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Old newspapers
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Paper Mache is the method of creating objects using mashed or pounded paper mixed with starch.
MATERIALS FOR MAKING PAPER MACHE
- paper (mashed)
- Pestle and mortar
OBJECTS PRODUCED FROM PAPER MACHE
- Masks, etc.
PREPARING PAPER MACHE
- Torn papers into pieces and soaked in water for at least 3 days.
- Sieve the paper from the water.
- Mashed or pound the paper together to give the desired result.
- Add appropriate quantity of starch.
- Paper Mache is ready for use.
PRODUCING OBJECTS FROM PAPER MACHE
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains meaning of paper mache.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the meaning of paper mache.
- Names some materials used for paper mache.
- Pupil’s Activities – Name some materials used for paper mache.
- Lists some objects that can be produced with paper mache.
- Pupil’s Activities – List objects that can modeled with paper mache.
- Pupil’s Activities – Asks pupils to produce objects using paper mache.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Introduction to Music
- State the meaning of paper mache.
- Name two materials used for making paper mache.
- Produce an art work using paper mache.
- Display finished work.
Prepare paper mâché and mould a lizard or a cup.