Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD AS A FATHER GUIDES HIS CHILDREN
PREVIOUS LESSON – GOD CALLS US A PURPOSE
TOPIC – GOD GAVE US HIS LAW
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Meaning of the term “Law”.
- Reasons why God gave the ten commandments – Exodus 20:1-17.
- Purposes of laws in our society – (Regulate, conduct and maintain order).
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- A copy of school rules and regulations.
- Film on the ten commandments.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Law is made to guide the conduct of people in a society. It is the rules and regulations made to guide the conduct of a set of people in a community or society.
SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS – As stated in your school.
School rules and regulations aim to make each pupils aware of the value of self-control, orderliness and the need to cultivate a sense of responsibility for their own conduct and for the larger community of which they are a part.
PURPOSES OF LAWS IN OUR SOCIETY – (Regulate, conduct and maintain order).
Laws are rules and regulations given to people in the society. Laws are designed to regulate, conduct and maintain order in the society.
- Laws keep the peace in the society.
- Laws shaping moral standards in the society.
- Laws promoting social justice in the society.
- Laws facilitating orderly change in the society.
- Laws providing a basis for compromise in the society.
- Laws help in facilitating a plan in the society.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the term “Law”.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen and participate in the discussion.
- Leads pupils to discuss the importance of school rules and regulations.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the implication of disobeying school rules and regulations.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Attempt all the questions
1. _______________ is made to guide the conduct of people in a society.
2. Laws is the _______________ and _______________ made to guide the conduct of a set of people in a community or society.
A. Rules and order
B. Laws and regulations
C. Rules and regulations
State 3 school rules and regulations.
State 3 importance of school rules and regulations.
State 2 purposes of the law.