Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF VARIOUS ROOMS IN THE HOUSE
TOPIC – VARIOUS FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN A HOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Identify various rooms in a house.
- State how to keep the house clean daily.
- Carry out daily cleaning of the house.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of various functional rooms in a house.
- A chart of different steps involved in a daily cleaning of various functional rooms in a house.
- Brooms, ceiling brooms, duster, dust pan, refuse bin, flower in a small vase.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A room is a space occupied in a house. There are many rooms in a house which serves different purpose – Sitting room, Bedroom, Dining room, Kitchen, Food store, Bathroom and Toilet.
CARE FOR SITTING ROOM
Caring for sitting room involves –
- Daily cleaning
CARE FOR THE STOREROOM
Caring for sitting involves –
- Weekly cleaning
- Removal of cobwebs
- Arranging the food stuff
CARE FOR THE BATHROOM
Caring for bathroom involves –
- Daily and weekly cleaning
- Using disinfectant
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the steps involved in the daily care of various rooms in a house.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice in groups how to remove cobwebs, sweep, dust and arrange furniture in the rooms.
- Demonstrates daily cleaning of rooms.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in daily and weekly cleaning of different rooms.
- Summarize the lesson on the board.
- Copy short notes on daily cleaning of rooms.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt all the questions on the
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT)
State 3 ways of caring for Sitting room.
State 3 ways of caring for the Food Storeroom.
State 4 ways of caring for the Bathroom.