Last Updated on April 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 9 (JSS 3)
Answer all the questions in this section.
Choose the correct answers from the given alternatives.
1. _________________ is the process by which one changes from one religion to another.
2. Peter raised _________________ from the dead at Joppa.
3. The coming of the Holy Spirit took place on the day of _________________.
4. Which of these people was the first Christian martyr to die for Jesus Christ?
5. _________________ and his household were the first foreign family to be converted to Christianity?
6. Paul studied under the great teacher _________________ in Jerusalem.
7. Paul’s father was a _________________.
8. Which one of these people was among the seven Deacons of the early church?
9. Peter healed a cripple at the _________________ the temple.
(a) miraculous gate
(b) wonderful gate
(c) handsome gate
(d) beautiful gate
10. Paul was born at _________________ In Cilicia.
11. The name, ‘Christian’ was first used at _________________.
12. Which of the following was an agricultural festival of the Jews?
(a) Feast of Passover
(b) Feast of marriage
© Feast of Pentecost
(d) Feast of baptism
13. The coming of the Holy Spirit was to fulfill the old testament prophecy as recorded in the book of _________________.
14. _________________ tried to discourage the ruler of Paphos from listening to Paul.
(c) Judas Iscariot
15. Stephen was one of the _________________ of the early church.
16. Paul was converted from _________________ to Christianity after his encounter with Jesus.
17. Paul’s Jewish name was _________________.
18. Paul could speak three of these languages.
(a) Hebrew, Greek, French
(b) Greek, English, Hebrew
© Spanish, Aramaic, Greek
(d) Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic
19. The generous and devoted woman ‘Dorcas’ is also called _________________.
20. The meaning of Christians is _________________.
(d) Church goers
Section B – THEORY
Attempt all the questions in this section.
1a. Why was Peter’s visit to Lydda and Joppa important?
1b. In what ways are non Christians persecuting Jesus Christ today?
2a. Narrate Saul’s conversion.
2b. Do you think God can use us to bring improvement to our country? Give reasons.
3a. What were the significance of Paul’s first missionary journey?
3b. Why were the Sadducees interested in arresting Peter and John in the temple?
4a. What were the qualities of the seven Deacons?
4b. Briefly narrate Paul’s experience in Paphos.
5a. What was the cause of the conflict among the early church? Discuss.
5b. State the four rules given to the foreigners without having to undergo circumcision.