Last Updated on April 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 9 (JSS 3)
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION
1. The type of art work that was found in Nok is sculpture done in _________________.
(b) terra cotta
2. Ife art has similarities with _________________ art.
3. Igbo ugwu art was located in _________________ State.
4. _________________ can be used as therapy for fast relief and healing from illness.
5. _________________ is a public display of works of art or items held in an art gallery.
6. An art work needs to be _________________ before displayed.
7. _________________ is an example display technique.
8. There are _________________ main stages in composition of music.
9. The second stage in composition of music is _________________.
10. In setting words to rhythm, each syllable must be written under _________________.
11. A sequence of actions, structured and acted on a stage is called _________________.
12. _________________ is regarded as the first world’s renowned contemporary artist.
(a) Bruce Onabrukpeya
(b) Kenneth Murray
© Solomon Wanngboje
(d) Ben Enweonwu
13. _________________ illustrated books as ‘African Night Entertainment’ and ‘No Longer At Ease’.
(a) Bernard Denis
(b) Henry Binto
(c) Lord Luggard
(d) Solomon Wangboje
14. _________________ is one of the works of Isaiah Uzoagba.
(a) Motor park At Night
(b) Baby Weeping
© Animal Farm
(d) People And Their Works
15. Someone who entertains the audience with comic and tragic plays is called _________________.
(d) Graphic Designer
16. _________________ is a creative writer of plays or prose.
(b) Prose wright
(c) Entertainment wright
(d) Book wright
17. Actors that will act in a play are selected by _________________.
18. There are _________________ categories of playwright.
19. _________________ Chooses the styles, colours and supplies the costumes to be worn by the actors and actresses.
(a) set designer
(b) light designer
(c) place designer
(d) costume designer
20. _________________ is an art whose medium is sound.
Section B – Theory
Answer four questions only from this section.
1a. List four contemporary artists.
1b. Explain one in (1a) above.
2a. Identify three career prospects for dramatists.
2b. Who is a dramatist?
3a. What is drama?
3b. Write two ways in which drama can assist the people in rural areas.
4. Construct the solfa notes of the scale.
5a. List four places where art works were found in Nigeria.
5b. Write short notes on Ife art.