PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – ENTRY AND COMING OUT OF THE SWIMMING POOL
TOPIC – PRACTICAL IN SWIMMING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to practicalize the skills taught.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Swimming pool
- Pool of water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – DEMONSTRATE BASIC SKILLS IN SWIMMING IN THE POOL
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Demonstrates skills taught.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe teacher’s demonstration.
- Supervises and assists pupils to practices skills.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice skills taught.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision (Week 11) and Second Term Examination (Week 12)
Pupils to practicalize some of the skills taught.