Last Updated on March 3, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – LOCAL GAMES (FILLING THE BASKET/BOTTLE)
TOPIC – SKILLS IN BALL – KICKING AND STOPPING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to perform the basic skills in ball games.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of playground, balls, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
BASIC SKILLS IN BALL
ACTIVITIES 1 – KICKING BALLS
ACTIVITIES 2 – STOPPING BALLS
ACTIVITIES 3 – PASSING BALL
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the skills in kicking and stopping.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice the skills of kicking and stopping.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to perform the skills of ball games e.g. kicking and stopping, etc. correctly.