Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF CAN AND BOTTLE OPENERS
TOPIC – USES OF CUTLASS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify a cutlass.
- state the uses of a cutlass.
Simple machine – Cutlass
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of sample/picture of cutlass.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF CUTLASS AND ITS USES
USES OF CUTLASS
- it is used for cutting grass
- It is used for cutting tree.
- It is used for plant crops.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads pupils to identify a cutlass by showing their pictures of a cutlass.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify a cutlass.
- Tells them the uses of a cutlass.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say the use of a cutlass.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state the use of a cutlass.